Dear Baxter Barracuda Families,
We have been officially informed by the Greater Charlotte Swim League (GCSL) that we will be having a 2021 Swim Season! Pulling this together is going to take a coordination and flexibility from all involved.
If each family could respond to the survey by February 15th, it would help us put together the best possible swim season for our swimmers.
Here is what we know so far:
- We will continue to compete in GCSL Division II
- Practices will most likely commence the week of May 10th and meets will follow the same schedule as prior years (Mondays and Thursdays in June)
- There will be no All-Star Meet, meaning the season will conclude at the end of June.
- Our meets will most likely all be home meets using a virtual format with opposing teams in the GCSL Division II
- The optional Swim Test for new and first time swimmers will be after Spring Break (After April 10th - TBD)
- The registration fee will be similar to prior years ($105 per swimmer)
- We will not require team suits this year.
What we don't know:
- Specific Covid-19 protocols (to be determined by GCSL and Baxter's HOA)
- Practice dates/times and format
- Registration and exact fee information.